Tires

Rosario A

I live in Indiana and I have had Michelin Primacy's since Jan. I am in love with them. I did a lot of research and they are what I kept coming back to - the dealer had them in stock and said they are what they recommend as replacement tires. They were somewhere around $850 all said and done.

Do a search on the forum...

The Michelin Primacy would be my reccomendation as well. Except...not at the dealer. If you buy at TireRack or use TireRack to haggle with a local shop it will be more like $650-$700 installed probably...

To breifly clarify my price: I think the dealer quoted me $1,015 and Sears was more like $780. I called the dealer and told them I would rather do business with them (as they have treated me very well with a few other issues) and they came down to within $150 of Sears, which was close enough for me to give them the business. No doubt they can be had cheaper than a Lexus dealer though.

And they would have been another $100 cheaper or so online than at Sears...

Totally not worth it to pay the dealer for tires. Huge labor rates when it comes to mounting and balancing tire shops probably have more skill and better equipment. Even when I used the dealer for service, I still wouldn't buy tires from them...