Lexus Link System

hm2544

dear all im happy to be one of your members in this wonderful fourom

im owning 01 lexus ls 430 second hand wich is purchased in us

and now im using it in gulf - Oman

when ever im starting my car im having a sound msg saying that :

the lexus link system is not active to activate your link press service button now

a lexus link error has been deducted please contact your lexus dealer ....

actully we dont use this system in our country

and our dealers cant stop this msg

if any body can please help me how to shut up this msg in any way

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/229906/lexus-link-system-wav.html

please check out this link i have recorded the msg to be more clear

thanks and warm regards .....

Lexus dealers in the U.S. removed the Lexus Link components at no cost - or at least unplugged them - when the analog Lexus Link was discontinued a few years ago.

The attached diagram shows a "Lexus Link ECU" which I assume is somewhere in your trunk -- I am guessing it is on the left side under the removable floor panel where the ECU for the optional phone system would have been installed but if you do not find it there, check the right side of the trunk. Stopping the message might be as simple as unplugging a connector from the Lexus Link ECU -- but I am guessing.

Take a look and see if you can find an electronic module labled "Lexus Link" in the trunk. Perhaps another forum member with personal experience will help? Jainla?

post-2157-127387728474_thumb.jpg

Lexus dealers in the U.S. removed the Lexus Link components at no cost - or at least unplugged them - when the analog Lexus Link was discontinued a few years ago.

The attached diagram shows a "Lexus Link ECU" which I assume is somewhere in your trunk -- I am guessing it is on the left side under the removable floor panel where the ECU for the optional phone system would have been installed but if you do not find it there, check the right side of the trunk. Stopping the message might be as simple as unplugging a connector from the Lexus Link ECU -- but I am guessing.

Take a look and see if you can find an electronic module labled "Lexus Link" in the trunk. Perhaps another forum member with personal experience will help? Jainla?

thanx allot for your reply bro

I'll gonna check it and reply u if I got it wright

Dear bro iv checked the wires and iv tooke it all out eaven from the amplifair but the sound still coming above of that I don't have

a phone system in my car.

I just wanted to ask you if ther is any fuse for the link system so I can take it out.

I searched and found a post from Jainla that has a photo showing which connector to unplug to deactivate Lexus Link: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45258 Jainla put an "X" on the connector to unplug.

Edit: I searched the Internet and found the official Lexus Link deactivation instructions -- see attached.

post-2157-127402590582_thumb.jpg