2007 Rx 400H

Greetings fellow Lexus owners!!!!

I have a 2007 Rx400h which soon needs its 90K servicing :unsure: and I just wanted to get a heads up from you all of the impending "expense" to my pocket!!! I've always had regular maintenance checks except for one delayed service @75k :cries: and all were at Lexus of Edison, NJ. Hopefully, this would be just a regular maintenance!! fingers crossed....

Have a great day folks!

Greetings fellow Lexus owners!!!!

I have a 2007 Rx400h which soon needs its 90K servicing :unsure: and I just wanted to get a heads up from you all of the impending "expense" to my pocket!!! I've always had regular maintenance checks except for one delayed service @75k :cries: and all were at Lexus of Edison, NJ. Hopefully, this would be just a regular maintenance!! fingers crossed....

Have a great day folks!

I suggest you do not ask for the "90K service" but only have the dealer do the items specified in the 90K page of your maintenance manual. If any of that work was already done a the 75K, then you need to decide for yourself if you want to have it repeated early or start your own clock on when it should be done again.

My dealer would randomly do items (like tranny fluid, or coolant) from other places in the maintenance manual until I caught on and held them to the text of the page they were supposed to be on. Now I have to do my own math for some of these things to keep the interval according to the spec.

Unfortunately, you have to watch these guys like they are children.

• 1 month later...

I just had the 90K work done. My (Toyota) dealer outlined everything first so I could pick and choose. The nearest Lexus dealer is 70 miles away and gave me a price of $870 for this list. Here’s the list and prices:

90K oil and filters, including cabin, plus all checks $116

Break flush $113

Timing Belt $324

Misc shop supplies $26.

He also washed the car and gave me a loaner, but no massage or manicure which the Lexus dealer offered.

chas

I just had the 90K work done. My (Toyota) dealer outlined everything first so I could pick and choose. The nearest Lexus dealer is 70 miles away and gave me a price of $870 for this list. Here’s the list and prices:

Break flush $113

Timing Belt $324

Misc shop supplies $26.

He also washed the car and gave me a loaner, but no massage or manicure which the Lexus dealer offered.

chas

By the way, how is the car running after 90K?

Timing belt????I thought this engine didnt have one....Isnt it a chain...?

Yes, it does have a timing belt, although it is not an interference engine, meaning no valve or piston damage would occur if the belt failed. Just inconvenience depending on where you are when the failure occurs. I personally would not be concerned about it enough to pay for replacement at 90,000, but I would not fault others for being more conservative and doing so. Although this forum is probably too small a population of Lexus owners to provide statistically meaningful data, I have seen no mention of belt failure.

Timing belt????I thought this engine didnt have one....Isnt it a chain...?

Yes, it does have a timing belt, although it is not an interference engine, meaning no valve or piston damage would occur if the belt failed. Just inconvenience depending on where you are when the failure occurs. I personally would not be concerned about it enough to pay for replacement at 90,000, but I would not fault others for being more conservative and doing so. Although this forum is probably too small a population of Lexus owners to provide statistically meaningful data, I have seen no mention of belt failure.

I may have to partially correct myself. I now see a reference that the 2010 450h has a timing chain. I am still sure that the 06 has a belt. Does anyone know when this was change took place?

Break flush $113

Timing Belt $324

Misc shop supplies $26.

chas

It's running like new. 28 to 31 mpg on non ethanol mid rage gas in the hot south.

Break flush $113

Timing Belt $324

Misc shop supplies $26.

chas

It's running like new. 28 to 31 mpg on non ethanol mid rage gas in the hot south.

That's great to hear. My 2006 400h has 50K and it too feels like new and it's great to know that in four years when mine is at 90K it can still feel like it does now..amazing car!