95 Es300 Shock - Strut Advice

Hey I'm trying to replace all 4 of my shocks and struts I get a rattling noise when i'm driving and I've been reading places and it seems like new shocks and struts would help resolve that. Plus they never have been changed and they look old and need of change anyway. I'm not trying to spend a ton of money on them but at the same time i'm not trying to be cheap about it. Does anyone have any recommendations on what shocks/struts to get? like which make would be better? and Could i mix and match like say kyb shocks and non kyb strut mounts? any help would be much appreciated it. My mechanic recommended i switch out the whole assembly since it's fairly old. what would the whole assembly be? the shocks/struts, coils, strut mounts correct?

well any help would be gladly appreciated and thank you for your time.

that's cool i prefer a smoother ride. and quieter if possible. I clicked the link the one you showed me didn't seem to be for my model but i found two for my model but it's weird. one says front driver side other says front passenger? i thought there was no placement issue. like one for front would work on either or, or one for rear will work on either side. could it be because of the abs? and yea i'm guessing that's the full assembly all ready good to go.

that's cool i prefer a smoother ride. and quieter if possible. I clicked the link the one you showed me didn't seem to be for my model but i found two for my model but it's weird. one says front driver side other says front passenger? i thought there was no placement issue. like one for front would work on either or, or one for rear will work on either side. could it be because of the abs? and yea i'm guessing that's the full assembly all ready good to go.

yeah that link was for my car my bad

There's definitely a difference from left and right but its only really for the brake line clamps

and yes its the full assembly so no need to compress the old springs...etc

the top 3 bolts are very easy to take off but the 2 big bolts on the bottom are a !Removed!, I had to use a breaker bar to get them off.

I ran into issues when putting the new assembly in, the bottom 2 bolts weren't aligning up correctly but after i figured out the first one it took me less than 10 min to change out the other side.

If u need any help just let me know. This is a pretty easy DIY

cool yea i'd love to do it myself saves me 200 bucks (for both rear and front). it doesn't seem fairly hard just time consumption I suppose. I was told that i'd have tow orry about balancing it so it'd be better if i just took it to a mechanic. but that didn't make much sense to me. so yea i'll buy those two front ones, I gotta find rear ones can't seem to find quick strut monroes for the rear, and thanks for the help. if you could give me any tips on doing it myself or maybe some pics it would all be great. :)

cool yea i'd love to do it myself saves me 200 bucks (for both rear and front). it doesn't seem fairly hard just time consumption I suppose. I was told that i'd have tow orry about balancing it so it'd be better if i just took it to a mechanic. but that didn't make much sense to me. so yea i'll buy those two front ones, I gotta find rear ones can't seem to find quick strut monroes for the rear, and thanks for the help. if you could give me any tips on doing it myself or maybe some pics it would all be great. :)

Not balancing just realignment. I let off the steering wheel and slammed on the breaks to see if it pulled left/right, it didnt, and after a month i havent had any unusual tire wear so i never had to get it realigned.

If you end up having to its pretty cheap but id go ahead and rotate the tires too.

Unfortunately i didnt take any pics but heres the link for my write up: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63153&st=0&p=404228entry404228

very informative, i would also have to buy the strut mounts wouldn't i? since i'm doing the whole replacement. I followed what one person said to on your thread about amazoning the part but neither shows up for me :-( i feel like the 95 es300's are cursed. even searching through ebay. 95 is hardly an option to select when you're refining your search but still most parts fit 92-96 anyway. just very discouraging.

hey buddy i had a lexus but it was totaled by some dumb careless person who is very ungrateful of the miracle of automobile transportation!!!!! any way just before it was crashed i ordered some lowering springs. unfortunately i was told the b&g springs i ordered were out of stock, so i ordered the eibach springs instead. the dumbasses that tech support is end up sending me both springs for that car so i have got b&g part no.(46.1.003) and eibach part no.(8235.140). i'm willing to let a set go for $150+shipping from phoenix,az (they are band new never been installed)IMGP0277.jpgIMGP0278.jpg

hey buddy i had a lexus but it was totaled by some dumb careless person who is very ungrateful of the miracle of automobile transportation!!!!! any way just before it was crashed i ordered some lowering springs. unfortunately i was told the b&g springs i ordered were out of stock, so i ordered the eibach springs instead. the dumbasses that tech support is end up sending me both springs for that car so i have got b&g part no.(46.1.003) and eibach part no.(8235.140). i'm willing to let a set go for $150+shipping from phoenix,az (they are band new never been installed)IMGP0277.jpgIMGP0278.jpg