99 Gs400 Pulls Right

My 99 GS400 pulls radically to the right when the brakes are applied. It happens at any speed but is most pronounced at higher speeds. Oddly, I have a Land Cruiser that does the same exact thing! I can tell you that the brakes are not the problem. I replaced all 4 calipers on the Land Cruiser & my GS is in good shape regarding calipers & rotors. I have looked at the message boards & there are all kinds of obvious solutions being thrown around. Alignment, tires, road issues, etc. Alignment is good, can't be tires as both have new tires. Happened with the old tires & happens with the new tires. I know when the road is to blame for pulling. It is pretty obvious. Just recently I am hearing a creaking noise in the right front wheel area when I apply the brakes & turn or in some cases just turn (any direction w/o brakes). Seems to come & go but lately is persisting. At one point you could feel the vibration when turning as if two parts were grinding on eachother. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

The ball joints go bad on the GS's around 90k - 120k I wouldn't hesitate replacing them ASAP. Your wheels are liable to fall off. I just had mine replaced, The tech was surprised at the wear. Scared straightohmy.gif