2005 Es330 Broken Automatic Locks

I have a 2005 ES330 with 60K miles. For the most part (other than the hesitating transmission at slower speeds) I have been happy with the car until last week. I noticed that the rear passenger side door lock was starting to hesitate when I used the auto lock button inside of the car. Then I noticed that I didn't get my beep when I locked the car with the fob only to find out that I now had to manually lock the door before I could successfully lock all of the doors and get the confirming "beep". Not two weeks later, the rear driver side door lock is now not working. I went by the dealer I bought it from and they said it would be ~$500 per lock to get fixed. I went to the parts dept and they wanted $235 for the part, each. Please tell me there is a Camry assembly that I can buy to fix this? I read a thread on an OEM part about drilling holes etc. in the new/old assy and I am really not up for that. Any other suggestions. This seems to be a common problem with Lexus cars (at least reading the posts on all of the forums).

Thanks

I have the same problem from time to time. Maybe common on the ES, but I've had Lexus sedans for 12 years and never had this problem until the ES.

Try out some of the online parts suppliers, www.lexuspartsonline.com, http://www.mylexparts.com/ the prices will be way better than the dealer. Try and find an independent shop to do the replacement...

• 2 weeks later...