Need Assistance 99 Rx300 Info Display Screen Stays Dimm

mccorvey

Hello, my 1999 Rx300 Lexus information display screen went dimm and it wont come bright again. It is extremely hard to see in the daytime. How can this be fixed? Is it a fuse? Can I replace the screen itself? Thanks

It may be a connection on the main board of the display. It could be a loose connection or needs cleaning with 99% pure isopropyl alcohol spray (available in electrical stores)

If this doesnt work then maybe contact a scrap yard and see if there are any breaking Rx's and replace the whole unit.

brand new will be very costly.

I know the 99-00 screens were modified for the 01-03 years with a brighter and clearer display. I wonder if an 01-03 screen would be a direct replacement to yours?

Stupid question, but is your dimmer switch turned all the way up? The dimmer switch is located on the gauge cluster bezel to the left. Just rotate it clockwise until it clicks.

:huh::huh::huh:

I know the 99-00 screens were modified for the 01-03 years with a brighter and clearer display. I wonder if an 01-03 screen would be a direct replacement to yours?

Stupid question, but is your dimmer switch turned all the way up? The dimmer switch is located on the gauge cluster bezel to the left. Just rotate it clockwise until it clicks.

The 99 has its own brightness button on the unit right under the cd and clock buttons B)

The 99 has its own brightness button on the unit right under the cd and clock buttons B)

day/night mode is still affected by the dimmer.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone...but the brightness button will not bring it brighter, but will take it dimmer if I turn it down...I'll try cleaning the connectors as up above mentioned..any help on removing the screen?

It may be a connection on the main board of the display. It could be a loose connection or needs cleaning with 99% pure isopropyl alcohol spray (available in electrical stores)

If this doesnt work then maybe contact a scrap yard and see if there are any breaking Rx's and replace the whole unit.

brand new will be very costly.

Thanks I,ll try that today actually. Any thoughts on how to remove the screen or pulling it out? Thanks

Yes the dimmer switch is all the way up. It used to be bright but just isnt anymore.

Thanks everyone...but the brightness button will not bring it brighter, but will take it dimmer if I turn it down...I'll try cleaning the connectors as up above mentioned..any help on removing the screen?

Yes the dimmer switch is all the way up. It used to be bright but just isnt anymore.

If you want PM me and Ill send you a pdf file on removing the wood trim and the unit B)