Dvd Navigation Disc Change Question

jboehner

I have just purchased a 2006 SC 430 and would like to upgrade the navigation disc. I have searched the internet for installation instructions on how to replace the navigation disc, and end up with dead links. I am planning on ordering the new DVD, but would like to know how to install it before I place the order. Any help?

Go to www.lexus.com and access under guides the Navigation Installation Guide. You can download the PDF file. It contains both text and illustrations showing the location of the SC430 DVD unit and how to install the DVD disc.

I have just purchased a 2006 SC 430 and would like to upgrade the navigation disc. I have searched the internet for installation instructions on how to replace the navigation disc, and end up with dead links. I am planning on ordering the new DVD, but would like to know how to install it before I place the order. Any help?

With the top up (so the trunk is clear) raise the trunk lid.

You should see the navigation device about half way back on the right side of the trunk. Remove the plastic cover by gently prying it off from the top. This will reveal the dvd player. On the left side of the slot you'll see a small sliding cover over the eject button. Slide it to the right and press the button to eject the dvd. You just slide the new dvd into the slot and it will self-load. Be sure to slide the cover back to the left or the disk won't read. Replace the plastic cover after the disk loads. You have to have the ignition key in the ACC position for this to work.

iom