Headlights Working But Not Working! Help, Please!

NEG

This is a 1998 LS400 (UK version). The hazard lights work, the parking lights work, the fog lights work but the headlights work only on "flash" rather than the full on (have tried auto as well, no luck. At the same time but I suspect separate issues: the gauge needles not their usual bright white selves (they are now the nightime blue regardless of daytime/nightime setting; the navigation map no longer gets dark when dash illumination set to nightime; the windshield wiper fluid light on permanently though I have filled it up; finally when I last topped up the gas tank the range figure did not reset and neither did the mileage covered since last refueled and, of course, one of the a/c temperature displays is no longer lit though the numbers are clearly dsplayed.

I'd be most grateful for any and all suggestions. Thanks and all the best.

I really can't diagnose electrical problems concerning dash lights and whatnot, but when my headlights started to work only intermittently, I found it to be the plug or connector that the bulbs connect to. The wires had power, but the connector did'nt. I guess the heat gets to them after a long time. You can find the connectors on ebay for like $20.

Start with the easiest, check all the fuses the ECU seems to think the lights are on with the dash dimming working.

There are 2 fuse boxes one under the dash and one in the engine bay.

The washer fluid level warning is a common problem caused by the sensor attached to the reservoir there was a repair guide somewhere on the UK forum.

Start with the easiest, check all the fuses the ECU seems to think the lights are on with the dash dimming working.

There are 2 fuse boxes one under the dash and one in the engine bay.

The washer fluid level warning is a common problem caused by the sensor attached to the reservoir there was a repair guide somewhere on the UK forum.

Thanks, guys, will check it out.

My first thought is that the alternator isn't putting out enough voltage, you may want to put a meter on it to check it out.

Another idea is to remove the negative lead on the battery for 10+ minutes to reset the ECU.