19In Wheels - Bumpy Ride?

Hi,

I have had my 2010 Rx for a couple months now and have about 3500 miles on it. It does seem to have a very bumpy ride. It came with the 19in wheels & Michelin tires (that's all the dealer had). I'm very unhappy with the ride. We have a Lexus is250 and had an 2000 rx300 and they have have/had much better rides.

So my question is do you think there could be a problem car or is this just because of the 19in wheels?

Thanks,

Bryan

Hi,

I have had my 2010 Rx for a couple months now and have about 3500 miles on it. It does seem to have a very bumpy ride. It came with the 19in wheels & Michelin tires (that's all the dealer had). I'm very unhappy with the ride. We have a Lexus is250 and had an 2000 rx300 and they have have/had much better rides.

So my question is do you think there could be a problem car or is this just because of the 19in wheels?

Thanks,

Bryan

Did you check the air pressure in the tires?

If the ride on your IS is better I bet its the tire pressure...

My Rx comes with the sport package which comes with sport calibrated steering and suspension. I like it a lot. It's not harsh at all compared to my wifes IS-F package IS250. One comment my wife made recently was the car "sways" a lot, especially if seated in the rear. I wouldn't mind if Lexus would firm up the suspension even more and thicken the sway bar to elevate the Rx's performance on par to say Infiniti Fx or BMW X5.

When I picked mine up from the Dealer they had 45 psi in the tires. Needless to say it did not ride that great. Let the pressure out and nice improvement. I do have the 19's with Michelin's.