Mysterious Audio Mode Switching

My screen will switch from any audio screen tab to SAT on its own. No consistency on when it does it. I made sure it wasn't me accidently touching the mode switch button on the steering wheel. Has anyone else experienced this? Of course when I took it into the dealer they could not duplicate it and said they had not heard of anyone else having the problem.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

My screen will switch from any audio screen tab to SAT on its own. No consistency on when it does it. I made sure it wasn't me accidently touching the mode switch button on the steering wheel. Has anyone else experienced this? Of course when I took it into the dealer they could not duplicate it and said they had not heard of anyone else having the problem.

I had the same problem about a month ago, my stereo started changing modes randomly on its own and spitting out CD's. The dealer said they had never heard of it, but then called me the next day and said there was a service bulletin on it. It was an internal short, and they replaced the stereo.

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem about a month ago, my stereo started changing modes randomly on its own and spitting out CD's. The dealer said they had never heard of it, but then called me the next day and said there was a service bulletin on it. It was an internal short, and they replaced the stereo.

• 10 months later...

I have 2010 RX350 (30K). My audio (using USB flash sometimes turn off by itself.

Also, sometimes on cold day, I have to hit the audio power button 5 times to turn on music.

Again, it does not happen very offen, so I don't how dealer can duplicate it.

• 1 month later...

I have 2010 RX350 (30K). My audio (using USB flash sometimes turn off by itself.

Also, sometimes on cold day, I have to hit the audio power button 5 times to turn on music.

Again, it does not happen very offen, so I don't how dealer can duplicate it.

Try to video tape,and keep taking it back. At some point ask to speak to the service manager then demand some action

• 1 month later...

I also had the problem in extremely hot weather (pushing 100) and it would power off and spit out a CD if I hit a expansion joint in highway before the air could cool the inside of car down to normal. When it finally started happening in normal temps I took it in and Lexus dealer ordered a new stereo and I got my SAT radio back for awhile..

• 2 years later...

I'm glad you brought this back up. Mine will turn off for no reason too. Might be a bump or sharp turn or just when I start the car. Is there a TSB? It is very aggravating when my favorite song is playing and just shuts off.

Thanks Becki!

This is the seventh vehicle I've owned, but the first Lexus. I'm curious what the Lexus community culture is like since I've always been in the JDM Japanese sports cars forums.

Is there a list of TSBs somewhere for our vehicle?

• 8 months later...

I have the same vehicle you do (Charles). I just bought it last week, not from dealer. The audio mode switches from SAT over to AM on its own without me even touching anything, sometimes it even cycles through AM, FM, etc.

Being my first Lexus, I am VERY glad to know it's not just me and I am NOT crazy. This is incredibly frustrating.

Just a few minutes ago, I was sitting a stop light not touching ANYTHING and it starts the little routine again!

I guess I will have to take it back to the "pre-owned" dealer where I got it and see what they will do.......great. :censored:

Now I'm wondering if the nav system is screwed up too, it doesn't seem to perform correctly either...

Personally, I'm starting to feel like this just has too many unnecessary features that are incredibly expensive when they malfunction.....

• 5 years later...

It’s becoming annoying. I have a 2011 Lexus to 350 and had the problem of radio shutting off at a stop light it going over a bump, spitting out cds. I had to record the radio doing this and Lexus finally replace the radio. Here we are again almost 4 years later and the best thing I was advised it to replace the radio which cost over $1k. Why keep replacing the radio if I’m going to have the same problem I don’t understand. Lexus has to do better. I’m looking to contact Lexus corporate in writing and bus phone to see if I can be better served. 

• 8 months later...

We have a 2010 Lexus LX570 and does the exact same thing when it's warm outside.  Once summer hits here, I'm pretty much done with the sound system.  If someone has the service bulletin, I'd be interested in seeing it before I call Lexus and pay a ton of money to have a working sound system.  I would be thankful for any help!  😁