Display, Nav, Cd-/dvd-Changer, Amp, In-Car Ent Etc

I have a 2006 400h with Gen4 Nav, rear back up cam, factory non-ML CD-changer, BT and the Lexus ICE system (In-Car Entertainment) with screens recessed in headrests.

If I now would like to upgrade some of the parts like the non-ML head unit to the ML DVD-changer and ML Amp or the Nav box to Gen 5 for example.

What function do these individual units perform and which are interchangeable and for which would new harness ben needed?

Is the Nav-display simply a touch display which displays whatever other units are connected?

Do the nav-dvd box in the back of the car a onebox solution with everything needed is to simply switch my gen4 nav-dvd player to a Gen5 one?

Can I replace my factory cd-changer with a ML dvd head unit, ML-Amp and speakers or is anything else needed as well? Is the blue digital audio cable already in place or would I need to add that myself?

I have a 2006 400h with Gen4 Nav, rear back up cam, factory non-ML CD-changer, BT and the Lexus ICE system (In-Car Entertainment) with screens recessed in headrests.

If I now would like to upgrade some of the parts like the non-ML head unit to the ML DVD-changer and ML Amp or the Nav box to Gen 5 for example.

What function do these individual units perform and which are interchangeable and for which would new harness ben needed?

Is the Nav-display simply a touch display which displays whatever other units are connected?

Do the nav-dvd box in the back of the car a onebox solution with everything needed is to simply switch my gen4 nav-dvd player to a Gen5 one?

Can I replace my factory cd-changer with a ML dvd head unit, ML-Amp and speakers or is anything else needed as well? Is the blue digital audio cable already in place or would I need to add that myself?

I'll look into this for youcheers.gif