Atf Change. Screwed Up. Now What?

I have a 2001 Lexus ES300 with 75,000 Miles, All was well until I decided to do a drain and refill. The garage drained my ATF fluid, (3.5 Liter of a total capacity of 8.25 Liters), and re-filled it with 3.5 Liters of Dexoil III.

I know that my car is only supposed to use Toyotal ATF T-IV and not Dexoil III. I realized his mistake only the next day.

I know that flashing the whole thing is not a good idea, and that draining and refilling again will only get some of the Dexron out but not all.

So now what do I do?

Thanks,

Phillip

You could do a fluid exhange instead of a flush...The Car is left running and the tranny pump flushed the fluid naturally. However, I would opt for a drain and fill without filter, drive a few days and do it again with either Toyota Type IV or Mobil Tranny fluid which is compatable.

You could do a fluid exhange instead of a flush...The Car is left running and the tranny pump flushed the fluid naturally. However, I would opt for a drain and fill without filter, drive a few days and do it again with either Toyota Type IV or Mobil Tranny fluid which is compatable.

I concur with Lenore cheers.gif

Its too late now, as I had the Filter changed at the same time that the incident happened, but am curious as to why you are recommending not to change the filter?

Phil