Water Coming In

ravig292

2000 Ls400

there is water coming in from the door underneath the tweeters and drips down from there.

it happens whenever it rains a lot.

before i open the whole door panel, does anyone know where this is coming from and if i can seal it up or something.

Is this happening on both front doors? That would be weird. Are the door gaskets in good condition? I suspect the drivers door gasket wears out first. The driver's door gaskets on my 2000 LS400 probably needs replacement although the door seems to have sagged slightly or have been misaligned in the past.

Check to see if the door gaskets are making firm contact with the doors and car body -- particularly at the top and at the A-pillar. Cut several strips of paper about 1 inch by 12 inches and close your doors on the paper strips. Pull the paper strips out while standing outside your car. You should feel firm resistance while pulling the paper strips out. If the paper strips pull out with little or no resistance then you probably have have a door gasket or door alignment problem.

Is this happening on both front doors? That would be weird. Are the door gaskets in good condition? I suspect the drivers door gasket wears out first. The driver's door gaskets on my 2000 LS400 probably needs replacement although the door seems to have sagged slightly or have been misaligned in the past.

Check to see if the door gaskets are making firm contact with the doors and car body -- particularly at the top and at the A-pillar. Cut several strips of paper about 1 inch by 12 inches and close your doors on the paper strips. Pull the paper strips out while standing outside your car. You should feel firm resistance while pulling the paper strips out. If the paper stips pull out with little or no resistance then you probably have have a door gasket or door alignment problem.

it is coming from both doors but not at the same time. sometimes from the passenger and sometims from the drivers.i could see the stain right underneath the tweeters, i'll try the paper thing and let you know what happens.

check the sunroof drains, if they clog, water will run down behind the "A" pillar trim inside the car. open the sunroof and pour a cup of water in each front corner of the sunroof track, in front of the wind deflector. It should drain out behind the front wheels...