Mods For 95

skyview

What type of interior mods are available for a 1995 LS? Gear shift? Wood panels? Steering Wheel?

What type of mods are available for the head and tail lights?

Do you have replace the head light lenses to install HIDs or is it plug and pray!!

Thanks

check out my car. i have a 1996 Ls. click on the link in my signature for the clear lights and hids. i also have a wooden gearshift. decided not to spend money on the wooden steering wheel. i'm planning to make some more rennovations and modernizations once i will save up enuff $$ for the project. i also bought 2 7$ chrome exaust tips but since they are pretty bad quality you have to change them once a year but i guess they are worth it.:)

I personally think the best thing you can do for the interior is to add a wood/leather steering wheel and shift knob, I love the way they look and the way they feel. Check out www.american-stitches.com

check out my car. i have a 1996 Ls. click on the link in my signature for the clear lights and hids. i also have a wooden gearshift. decided not to spend money on the wooden steering wheel. i'm planning to make some more rennovations and modernizations once i will save up enuff $$ for the project. i also bought 2 7$ chrome exaust tips but since they are pretty bad quality you have to change them once a year but i guess they are worth it.:)

Hey VMF:

how did you get your Dual Beam HIDs to work? did Toyota change the rellay on Gen II?

i am also very interested in upgrading the interior i've been looking all over for a woodgrain shifter nob that will fit the automatic oem T shape, with no luck. i just got off the phone with american stitches and they charge like 450 to do the steering wheel!! thats rediculous. i also asked them about the wood and leather combination for the shifter nob, and they don't do the wood for the shifter they can just reupholster it and they wanted $150 to do that!! i was kind of excited when i went to the website but after i heard the prices i'm back to square 1. i'm still on the prowl ha ha.

American-Stitches prices are actually very reasonable, Lexus charges over $1500 for a wood/leather steering wheel. $450 isn't bad at all, keep in mind they're hand forming and finishing the wood, and re-hand stitching the leather...

$150 for the shifter knob is very reasonable also, again, they're re-upholstering the knob by hand.

You're the first person I've ever heard say their prices were unreasonable...

It doesn't take long at all for a pro to stitch leather. I'm guessing less than a half-hour to do the shifter, including cutting the leather. Even if it took 2 hours, that's still way too much.

If I wanted this job done I would visit my local upholstery shop (you know, the little store front with the old guy behind the counter) or even a shoe repair shop if the proprietor knows his business.

Couldn't hurt to ask.

Joe

is there a wooden shifter for a gen I LS? i was working on vallet for a while couple of years ago and i never saw one witha wooden shifter since it has buttons in it. gen II also didnt come with a wooden shifter, mine was a present from the dealer when i got the car and it came from the 99 LS. i also saw same wooden shifter on ebay for like 40$:) remember it doesnt have any buttons you just unscrew the old one and screw new one.

i am also very interested in upgrading the interior i've been looking all over for a woodgrain shifter nob that will fit the automatic oem T shape, with no luck. i just got off the phone with american stitches and they charge like 450 to do the steering wheel!! thats rediculous. i also asked them about the wood and leather combination for the shifter nob, and they don't do the wood for the shifter they can just reupholster it and they wanted $150 to do that!! i was kind of excited when i went to the website but after i heard the prices i'm back to square 1. i'm still on the prowl ha ha.

VMF:

Unfortunately there isn't a wooden shifter, and the only company that attempted to make one has gone out of business. Custom is the best option. I don't think anybody else is making another. Also, your HID kit had a separate harness for the High beam? Who made your kit? Can you image I had to make my own.

Silvermate:

$450 is half of what was offered to me, by the William Rau wood company. they're the ones who refinished my monitor station. I have american stitches saved on my browser. Something I learned from the William Rau group. Make your own shifter knob out of wood, and they can do the vaneer for it. this way they can keep the wood pattern/design similar to the rest of your car. Big cost cutter.

yeah it came with evything. all the parts requred for installation are in the box. whole setup took me only 1.5 hours to complete and i had no problems afterwards whatsoever.

thanks... i emailed exotic wood dash trims to ask them is they could just sell the wood trim piece for the shifter. but i guess they haven't had a chance to get back with me. i've found that thats probably the best best for upgrading the look of a gen 1 shifter becasue with the shifter button and the o/d button it seems its hard to find a fit. and if i just had the little wood trim piece it would definately look a 100 times better