Windows, Power Locks And Sunroof Inoperable

I spent all day in real estate continuing ed (yuk!) courses, only to exit tonight with all four windows (w/lockout switch in correct position), power door locks and sunroof on my '96 ES300 unresponsive to control switch inputs. The front locks do click SLIGHTLY when rockers are pushed, but don't move. Is there a common relay and/or fuse for these circuits? Everything worked fine at lunch, then my black car baked outside in 90 degree heat this afternoon for 4 hours with all not operable now.

Any ideas? Thanks y'all!

:cheers:

Not sure if this is the case on a 96 ES, but my wife's 04 has a procedure for unlocking the doors, lowering all of the glass, and opening the sunroof all at one time from her keyless entry. Sounds like you may have somehow got into a sequence that has locked your keyless entry into limbo, or perhaps your keyless entry system's receiver has crashed?

Check your fuses for sure. The one the keyless entry is on may be the culprit. This is all just an educated guess. Good Luck!

Thanks for your input; the '96 ES is much simpler with just one function available on door unlock. I looked for a 92-96 schematic posted but could not find one. That will give me some answers ...

My experience with those has been one or more wires breaking inside the rubber accordion boot in the door jamb - you can substitute a ground to your master switch and see if everything starts working - of course take a 12v test light and make sure you have power to the switch and then reverse polarity on the test light and make sure both grounds to the master switch are there

Did some troubleshooting today, it appears that it's a broken connection between the main relay and the adjacent underhood fusebox. Probably a wire separation under the box, yuk. I need to work on it a couple more hours, but not tonight! :chairshot:

It turned out to be a loose connector between the main box and fuse box under the dash. There was a burn mark around the contact lug; great Toyota design that did not give a totally snug fit between spade and lug, causing a minor PITA. Geez, it would have been at least a grand to fix it at the $tealer$hip. (Maybe I would even been recommended to have it totalled because of cost/value issues!??? is what my indy repair buddy quipped). Anyhow, all is fixed and I am happy again with this first gen ES300.

:cheers: