90 Ls400

yank30265

my 1990 ls 400 alarm started going off after i locked the door(30 sec); I stopped locking the doors for awhile and tried it one day and the alarm stopped going off. after 30 sec lock the red security light would start flashing everything was fine. Recently it started goin off again so i stopped locking the doors again and started using the club. i work in a nasty part of Atl Ga at night and lock the doors when im driving; now all of a sudden when im going down the road the doors just unlock bythemselves; this car has problems anyone heard of this?

A common cause is the courtesy light door switches which suffer from poor electrical contacts, remove the screw(s) holding the switches to the door frames ( do not remove the wiring plug to them or it may disappear into the hole) spray some electrical contact cleaner on the switch then work the switch in and out a few times to allow the cleaner to work into the switch then refit, do this on each one.

Did you learn the part about the wire disappearing into the hole the hard way? The switch in my 90 does this sometimes so I need to do this. The alarm has never gone off though.