Lower Door Chrome Mouldings

bcES350

Does anyone know if I can add the attractive chrome lower door mouldings on the 2010 ES350s to my 2008? These mouldings are not listed on the regular list of factory options. Are there any after-market products available out there (esp. in Canada)?

I would imagine that they just stick on and could be added to your '08. You may have to remove the body colored mouldings that are already there though.

I bet they are expensive though...

Does anyone know if I can add the attractive chrome lower door mouldings on the 2010 ES350s to my 2008? These mouldings are not listed on the regular list of factory options. Are there any after-market products available out there (esp. in Canada)?

welcome to this fine club bcES350. I too am interested in adding the attractive bottom door molding to my 2008 ES, as seen on the new 2010 ES.Have done some research into this matter and came up with nothing concrete.I have talked to the parts Manager at Port Moody Lexus, he said that the 2010 molding would not fit onto 2008, because of the difference in shape of the clip on part. According to him, there is just no way to get chrome molding for our year model. I have also got an estimate on the cost of chroming the existing painted molding. Yes, it is a very expensive proposition---roughly $600. Too much for me but I am still in the process of finding somebody to do it for less.I will post the findings as it happens. I hope you are enjoying your beauty as much as I am loving mine. I purchased my at Jim Pattison in North Vancouver...

welcome to this fine club bcES350. I too am interested in adding the attractive bottom door molding to my 2008 ES, as seen on the new 2010 ES.Have done some research into this matter and came up with nothing concrete.I have talked to the parts Manager at Port Moody Lexus, he said that the 2010 molding would not fit onto 2008, because of the difference in shape of the clip on part. According to him, there is just no way to get chrome molding for our year model. I have also got an estimate on the cost of chroming the existing painted molding. Yes, it is a very expensive proposition---roughly $600. Too much for me but I am still in the process of finding somebody to do it for less.I will post the findings as it happens. I hope you are enjoying your beauty as much as I am loving mine. I purchased my at Jim Pattison in North Vancouver...

The parts manager at Regency Lexus in Vancouver got back to me today. He says that the integrated chrome panels are available, but very expensive at approx. $200 per door. I will check again with Northshore Lexus when I take the car in for my next service. To pay $1,000 or so, including tax, for this upgrade is a little too rich for my blood. Found these chrome mouldings at http://www.carid.com/product.php?productid=73114&cat=41021&page=1 on the web. Price is reasonable, but there are some disturbing posts on their web from customers who have made purchases but never received delivery. Has anyone in this forum done business before with this "carid.com" outfit?

The parts manager at Regency Lexus in Vancouver got back to me today. He says that the integrated chrome panels are available, but very expensive at approx. $200 per door. I will check again with Northshore Lexus when I take the car in for my next service. To pay $1,000 or so, including tax, for this upgrade is a little too rich for my blood. Found these chrome mouldings at http://www.carid.com/product.php?productid=73114&cat=41021&page=1 on the web. Price is reasonable, but there are some disturbing posts on their web from customers who have made purchases but never received delivery. Has anyone in this forum done business before with this "carid.com" outfit?

Interesting find on carid.com. I wonder if the price is per 1 molding, per door or for entire car?

• 2 weeks later...

I had this done to my 08 Ultra Luxury, but I took it to a good vinyl shop and had them shape chrome vinyl to the mouldings to simulate the '10 style. It turned out great and only cost about $150.

Do you have a picture? The mouldings I ordered from carid.com should arrive this week. Will post a picture once I have time to install them.

By the way, after a long search around I decided to have the existing molding painted in sort of a silvery colour to match the wheels. My neighbor, who is in the autobody painting business, has done that and it turned out to be a perfect match to the wheels. Looking at it from a short distance,it looks just like the rest of the chrome mouldings. I am very happy with the outcome and the cost was only a fraction of any other methods.

At the same time I had the Sirius sat.radio integration done, also at half the dealers cost. Diamond Radio in Maple Ridge has done a very good job...

• 3 weeks later...

I had this done to my 08 Ultra Luxury, but I took it to a good vinyl shop and had them shape chrome vinyl to the mouldings to simulate the '10 style. It turned out great and only cost about $150.

Do you have a picture? The mouldings I ordered from carid.com should arrive this week. Will post a picture once I have time to install them.

Here is a picture of my painted moulding on my '08 ES 350

post-83213-127640420651_thumb.jpg

post-83213-127640425295_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of my painted moulding on my '08 ES 350

Looking pretty good Radjko. Here are pix of my chrome mouldings from carid.com installed.

post-114483-127675948878_thumb.jpg

post-114483-127675950348_thumb.jpg

post-114483-127675951574_thumb.jpg

It looks fine very much like the original chrome molding on ES '10.Bet you get a lot of compliments from other ES owners. How is it attached, is it clipped on to the top of existing molding or is it entirely new piece in place of the original one? What did it cost if you don't mind to share? Happy motoring...Raymond

It looks fine very much like the original chrome molding on ES '10.Bet you get a lot of compliments from other ES owners. How is it attached, is it clipped on to the top of existing molding or is it entirely new piece in place of the original one? What did it cost if you don't mind to share? Happy motoring...Raymond

It's just stuck on using red double-faced tape. Really easy to install. Price to Vancouver all-in approx. US$175. C U on the road!

It's just stuck on using red double-faced tape. Really easy to install. Price to Vancouver all-in approx. US$175. C U on the road!

That is not bad, considering that factory original once can cost 3 times as much.

Yes,it would be nice to see you.If you are out this way sometimes, my car is parked in the mornings apposite the Tim Horton on first ave. in Mission...

• 1 month later...

I've made the move and go ahead for the CarID one, it's in stainless with triple chrome plated compared with the RonUSA which is cheaper but it is simply polish to a chrome finish like. The guys on CarID are very helpful and they deducted a 10% off the already reduced price. A group buy is possible also if enough people are willing to go.

I will let your guys know the final result. I thing the look would be nice since my car is black on black as the picture shown on their website: http://www.carid.com/2008-lexus-es-chrome-accessories/molding-insert-73114.html

I've made the move and go ahead for the CarID one, it's in stainless with triple chrome plated compared with the RonUSA which is cheaper but it is simply polish to a chrome finish like. The guys on CarID are very helpful and they deducted a 10% off the already reduced price. A group buy is possible also if enough people are willing to go.

I will let your guys know the final result. I thing the look would be nice since my car is black on black as the picture shown on their website: http://www.carid.com/2008-lexus-es-chrome-accessories/molding-insert-73114.html

For those who bought the Car ID inserts, do i have to get it professionally installed or can i do it myself?.

Thanks

I've just installed the lower door chrome trims from carid, if you want some tips and help, shoot me a pm. Quality wise of the material is about 90%, the cut is not perfect and the chrome shine is somehow different from the window chrome trims, but overall, it still maintain the classy style.

Listen to bcES350, he gave me some good tips on the install.

• 8 months later...

Did you ever post the pictures of the Carid.com mouldings and how are they holding up.

• 5 weeks later...

Did you ever post the pictures of the Carid.com mouldings and how are they holding up.

The pix are on my original June, 2010 post under this topic. No problems at all with the mouldings since last year.