Heads Up Display

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have this option and I cannot find any RX's with this option! The dealers all tell me that it wasn't made that way and that you can only get it if you custom order the vehicle (which of course means no discount on price and a forever long wait). I don't know if I believe them or not. Why would Lexus advertise this awesome option and then not make any of the RX's with it?! How ridiculous is that?! Let's lure you in with a cool techy option and then not make any cars with it. Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Any info would be appreciated.

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have this option and I cannot find any RX's with this option! The dealers all tell me that it wasn't made that way and that you can only get it if you custom order the vehicle (which of course means no discount on price and a forever long wait). I don't know if I believe them or not. Why would Lexus advertise this awesome option and then not make any of the RX's with it?! How ridiculous is that?! Let's lure you in with a cool techy option and then not make any cars with it. Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Any info would be appreciated.

I never saw an RX with the option. I drove a (very fast) Corvette with the Heads-Up display (where you really have no time to look down at the dials) and find it to be great.

• 2 weeks later...

I never saw an RX with the option. I drove a (very fast) Corvette with the Heads-Up display (where you really have no time to look down at the dials) and find it to be great.

I have the head-up display in my Rx. It comes with the sport package. I really like it. It's not obtrusive to my line of sight. It provides essential information. Without doubt it enhances the passive safety of the already rock-solid Rx.

I custom ordered with factory entertainment system (I was told the only way to get so equipped) and paid ZERO deposit. When the car arrived I still negotiated the price as if it was just sitting on the lot. I waited about 3 months for the car. At the time I asked all the same questions you raise here.

I have the heads-up display on my RX and I do not have the Sport Package. It was packaged with the Luxury Package. I am picking up my second 2010 RX next week and it has the heads-up too. It just came over on the boat from Japan. I love this feature, I didn't think I would like it but it is great.