2001 - Lx470 3 Lights On Dash

rooney

LX470 3 lights on dash - check engine light, VSC TRAC, VSC OFF CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH WHAT I NEED TO DO or WHAT THE PROBLEM POINTS TO- THANKS???

When you throw a CEL code it automatically turns the VSC off, I'd go to a local auto parts store and get the code read, then go from there.

We have a 2002 LX470 with 108,000 miles. Last month the VSC lights and Check Engine light came on. Took it to Longo Lexus in El Monte, CA. They said a "wire was cut" and replaced the wire for $300. Last week the Check Engine light came on again. It runs fine. I checked the gas cap to make sure it is on tight. Took it in on Friday. Longo suggested it might be $800 charcoal canister or we can pay for a $250 test. We took the test. The result was the gas cap was not on tight enough and we should really tighten it down. Thank you $250. When you close the gas cap, it clicks. How can you really tighten it down? Good money maker though.

LX470 3 lights on dash - check engine light, VSC TRAC, VSC OFF CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH WHAT I NEED TO DO or WHAT THE PROBLEM POINTS TO- THANKS???

I had this same thing happen on my 2006 LX470. My dealer, Performance Lexus in Cincinnati, told me the error code showed a gas cap problem. Upon investigation they found that the gas cap was on tight but the "boot" around the gas filler had gotten loose and they tightened it so that it sealed properly. It fixed the problem. Fortunately for me my car is a certified used vehicle and still covered by warranty. Good luck!

When you throw a CEL code it automatically turns the VSC off, I'd go to a local auto parts store and get the code read, then go from there.

I have a 2003 LX470 with the exact same issue (VSC TRAC, VSC OFF and Check Engine lights on). Can the Lexus dealership help with the CEL code? I also see a posting below suggesting that a gas cap problem could be causing this issue. Rooney - please let me know if you are successful in resolving this issue. Thanks!