Last Model Year And Antennae

bstew

When was the last SC430 made? Does Lexus plan on reintroducing or have they just switched to the I series.

Also, was there ever a permanent, non telescoping antennas made for the SC's??

About every other car in the world has a permanent mounted low style antenna.

When was the last SC430 made? Does Lexus plan on reintroducing or have they just switched to the I series.

Also, was there ever a permanent, non telescoping antennas made for the SC's??

About every other car in the world has a permanent mounted low style antenna.

-------------------------------------------------------

I was just in a dealer showroom. A new SC430 had a sticker of $70k, and next to it the "I" series convertible, coming in @ $57k. I had hoped that Lexus would continue the SC body style, similar to Porsche and 911 series. Looks like that will not happen.

My local dealer is saying there is no discussion about a comeback... The end-of-life was first announced back in July 0f 2008 and at that time they stated slow sales...

I am very disappointed, this is a great car.

• 3 weeks later...

The SC failed because it didn't appeal to any "particular" audience very well.

It needed to be sportier looking, faster, and/ or cheaper. Unlike the previous generation SC's, the 01-10 SC430 was too feminine looking, and lacked any sports appeal.

Personally i think the SC is a "sexy" looking car, but maybe a little "too" sexy for the majority of the sports car market. I think it's the perfect ride for the middle aged crowd that wants to appeal more "hip"- but there aren't many of these buyers...

If Lexus came out with a new generation SC, with a completely new design that's faster and more masculine, separating itself from the previously failing generation, they'd be better sellers- oh wait! Lexus did- with the IS-C <_<

• 3 months later...