Es-300 Timing Belt & Water Pump Replacement

I have a 1998 ES-300 107,000 miles. I live in Pittsburh (bad hilly roads).

Can I go any further without changing the Timing Belt, the Water Pump

and the Spark Plugs? I' ve been told that a mechanic can determine the

condition of the pump without removing.

The car runs fine and passes PA emmisions test.

Is there a approximate mileage when the TB fails?

Is there any symptons ie rough acceleration of the engine

before failure?

As stated "you will get no warning when the timing belt goes".

Having the work done before it breaks saves you a towing bill, perhaps one or 2 day stay over in a strange city, paying for accommodations and meals and taxi service if over a weekend, and if you were away from home when it happens, or an accident since you'll lose your power steering and power brakes when the engine quits at 70 mile an hour in rush hour traffic.

Push the spark plugs if you must, that'll only cost you lost fuel mileage. Skimp on the water pump if you don't wish to do it when you do the belt job, but they'll only have to tear everything apart again that they do for a timing belt change, just to get to the water pump if it goes 2 weeks later.

It really is unwise to put off needed repairs. It always costs you much more later.

98 es300 is a non-interference engine. so if the TB breaks it won't harm your engine other than the inconvenience of getting stranded. instead of spending money for inspecting the TB condition you should start shopping for a TB change for a 10+ yr old car.. any certified toyota mechanic can do a timing Belt change not necessary from a dealership. i recommend using oem parts.