Code P0306 & P1325 Reoccuring On 99 Es300

Six month ago I got a CEL code P0306 which I traced to a defective coil in Cyl. # 6. Installed new coil, cleared code, and things were fine until 2 month later code P0306 & now code P1325 reappeared. Accompanied by the jerking above 40MPH and not shifting into high gear (TRAC light illuminates also). Just by reading and clearing these codes took care of problem.

Now the CEL and same codes occur every 3-4 weeks, which I clear with my code reader. Otherwise the car (175K miles) runs perfect. The CEL, when it decides to reappear, only comes on at engine start, both cold and warm starts.

Other than keeping my code reader in the glove box, what else can I do?

Since both codes are for missfire, have you checked the spark plug? Also check compression, to small of a gap on one of the valves will cause lower compressions and a missfire. There could also be a issue with the injector, you could try swapping with with #4 and see if the missfire moves.

• 2 weeks later...

The gap should not have been off. Are you using Denso or NGK iridium Plugs (original equipment)? If they are Bosch get them out of there...(Garbage in this motor)

• 4 months later...