Is It Worth It To Get Extended Warranty?

Hi Guys,

I am new here, just want some suggestions if i should get extended warranty?

For a 2006 gs430, 40000km now,still has factory engine and powertrain warranty,

the extended warranty go for

$2580 3 years 30000km

or

$2890 3 years 40000km

i just did a vehicle check today and noticed the passanger/rear shocks are leaking.. any idea how much would it cost?

Thanks

in my personal experience i have always bought the extended warranty however i have never had to use it... and honestly really all it's ever done for me is made me upside down on the vehicle... so me personally i will never buy an extended warranty again.. but of course as soon as i do i'll need it... lol..

Hi Guys,

$2580 3 years 30000km

or

$2890 3 years 40000km

i just did a vehicle check today and noticed the passanger/rear shocks are leaking.. any idea how much would it cost?

Thanks

My answer to this question has always been: An extended warranty is worth the money if your total repair covered under the extended warranty cost more than the extended warranty itself :)

Seriously, if you are considering after market warranty, be very careful, read all the restrictions and fine prints and ask for reference. Generally, rather or not I would buy an extended warranty policy depends on the car's reliability history and how long I plan to keep the car.

Hi Guys,

$2580 3 years 30000km

or

$2890 3 years 40000km

Thanks

I always buy EW for my new car.

With labor cost these days, especially Lexus, it's worth it.

I bought my EW for my 07GS350 AWD for $1850 from Lexus to cover 7 yrs/100000 miles Platinum level, no deductible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just so you know the rear struts are $1150 to replace them both. I just had it done this week but was covered under warranty. It aslo covered my rear sunshade that was stuck up. If I had to pay it was $2200 to replace. I would think that you could find and extended warranty for around a thousand from some after market provder but be very careful about what they cover. These parts were covered under the Lexus Platinum warranty.