Flyaudio In Dash Navi? Anyone Have One?

Hey guys! I am new here and looking for some information. I did a search and didn't find much. I am looking for a navigation system for my IS and found one called FlyAudio. Does anyone have one in their IS? I'd love some feedback. Here is a link I found on YouTube: Click here!

Thanks in advance!

John

Found a picture of the system:

DSC00047.jpg

I found a couple retailers selling them and the product seems like a big hit on other forums like Club Lexus. I'd love to hear feedback from anyone that actually has one! Thanks!

I have also been wondering about the Eclipse line of audio/nav., and have heard the integration with the standard IS components isn't that great.

Anyone done it - is it very plug-and-play?

I have also been wondering about the Eclipse line of audio/nav., and have heard the integration with the standard IS components isn't that great.

Anyone done it - is it very plug-and-play?

The FlyAudio is totally plug and play. The Eclipse unit is just a standard double din, the FlyAudio looks like it comes with the full trim piece and looks very OEM? No one has any experience with this?

Hey guys! I am new here and looking for some information. I did a search and didn't find much. I am looking for a navigation system for my IS and found one called FlyAudio. Does anyone have one in their IS? I'd love some feedback. Here is a link I found on YouTube: Click here!

Thanks in advance!

John

I have it. The unit is nice and very well made. It looks very OEm, except for a slight difference in brightness between the CD changer lights and the nav buttons. The functionality it offers is impressive. There are some glitches though:

Canadian owners read temp in farenheit but the number is incorrect

The climate control always defaults to outside air when turned on, instead of recirc or auto

The default nav program is so so, but I loaded igo8 on it and it's much better

The SUB mp3 player can't resume form the middle of a song

Ipod only allows artist and album browsing, not playlist

I've had mine for three weeks and it's been trouble free. My backup camera stopped working this week end, but I suspect I have a loose connection.

Thanks in advance!

John

I have it. The unit is nice and very well made. It looks very OEm, except for a slight difference in brightness between the CD changer lights and the nav buttons. The functionality it offers is impressive. There are some glitches though:

Canadian owners read temp in farenheit but the number is incorrect

The climate control always defaults to outside air when turned on, instead of recirc or auto

The default nav program is so so, but I loaded igo8 on it and it's much better

The SUB mp3 player can't resume form the middle of a song

Ipod only allows artist and album browsing, not playlist

I've had mine for three weeks and it's been trouble free. My backup camera stopped working this week end, but I suspect I have a loose connection.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I am in the US, so I am not to concerned with the climate control issues. I want added functionality and a clean looking system, I am ok with the few short comings, nothing is perfect. A couple of questions:

Where did you get the iGo8 software to load?

Is it really plug and play?

Where did you buy it from?

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Where did you get the iGo8 software to load?

Is it really plug and play?

Where did you buy it from?

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

From a user on clublexus forums. The harness is plug and play, but you still need to route the bluetooth mic and GPS antenna. <The whole center console needs to come out to do the install. The only cutting and splicing of wires is to install the optional backup camera.

I got it from the Automax Rep on clublexus/my.is. Just PM him.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

i have a problem. My backup camera is not clear at all..... anyone has this problem? (I can't see shXt at night or dark area) isn't that should be night vision or something? please help.

But I admit this is the best aftermarket navi I owed!!!