Rear Control Arm Linkage

Tbatson

I have a 2001 RX300 with AWD. I am looking to purchase or make a linkage rod that attaches from the Rt rear wheel control arm to a rheostat type sender mounted above the control arm. Mine is broken with a pice missing. The dealer only lists the part as an assembly with the rheostat included at $303.99 part # 89407-33020. If someone can give me the length of the linkage on their car that would be great. If anyone has the info as to how the rod is ajusted, for example; with the car on level ground and the rheostat lever pointed down the rod should be adjusted to slide in between the top and bottom holes. The linkage is worth about $5.00 and I just don't need the whole assembly.

Thanks

I have a 2001 RX300 with AWD. I am looking to purchase or make a linkage rod that attaches from the Rt rear wheel control arm to a rheostat type sender mounted above the control arm. Mine is broken with a pice missing. The dealer only lists the part as an assembly with the rheostat included at $303.99 part # 89407-33020. If someone can give me the length of the linkage on their car that would be great. If anyone has the info as to how the rod is ajusted, for example; with the car on level ground and the rheostat lever pointed down the rod should be adjusted to slide in between the top and bottom holes. The linkage is worth about $5.00 and I just don't need the whole assembly.

Thanks

The adjustment you require may be found in the attached document. Good luck!

Suspension and Axle (SA) file.pdf

Thanks

The adjustment you require may be found in the attached document. Good luck!

Hi Joe,

You would think that your document detailing some 130 pages of suspension components would at least have a picture of what I need. But..........not. I wonder if it is seen as an electrical component. Again as the RR lower control arm moves up and down so does this linkage which attaches to a fixed position rheostat lever directly above. The rheostat transfers a signal somewhere as to the position of the wheel.

Thanks, Tom