Let Me Show You. Maybe You Can Help Me.......

coctailer

I'm looking to get into a 1991-1994 LS400 for about $3,000

Here is what CL brings up in my area. What do you guys think given these choices?

I know you can't really check out the cars, but is there anything glaringly bad or good in these ads?

clickety clickety

I'm looking to buy this week.

TIA.

I would go for the $3800 (Canby) one as he has all the receipts - properly serviced cars are better. You might be able to get him to come down a little. Hope this helps.

I'm looking to get into a 1991-1994 LS400 for about $3,000

Here is what CL brings up in my area. What do you guys think given these choices?

I know you can't really check out the cars, but is there anything glaringly bad or good in these ads?

clickety clickety

I'm looking to buy this week.

TIA.

I would go for the $3800 (Canby) one as he has all the receipts - properly serviced cars are better. You might be able to get him to come down a little. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess the sum of the work that has already been done on it would add up to a lot more than the less expensive choices.

I agree with Ajahearn because of the history of the car(the receipts) They have already done 1500 to 2000 dollars of work for you! But I would also look at the black one for 2600 and see what record history it has. The car is very clean inside and out. The back seat has 350 to 400 dollars worth of leather repair that I can see. Take the one with the best paper history. If either car has air shocks RUN away!! Big bucks to repair!!

No matter which one you pick? Please have is inspected by a Lexus qualified person in your area!! These old(but great cars)can have thousands of dollars of hidden repairs if they haven't been maintained? Good luck!!

Well the guy with the $3,800 one is flaking out every day on me.

I test drove a 1991 that was in much better shape than all of the others I looked at.(There were no warning lights on the dash either)

The guy wants $2,500

I am meeting the seller at the local Lexus dealer tomorrow to do a pre-purchase inspection. It's only $150.

I'll post some pics if I join the Lexus Club tomorrow.