What Size Wrench?

stroker

I'm trying to get the air control valve off of the P/S pump and it seems like its an 11/16 but not sure; also normal wrench gives no room to loosen or tighten.. I plugged both lines going to the engine and even with the spring clips on the hoses, when you run the engine I guess the pressure pops off one of the lines at the valve.. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks, Bobby

Ah ha, you are in luck because I happened to have one in my toolbox so I just went out to the garage and measured up. You need a 17mm for this valve. By the way, I got this one off a Camry at a junkyard, they are the same. I will go over to Fastenall when I get a chance and pick up a bolt with the same threads, some locktite and close it up.

I finally found a 17mm wrench (had to buy a set of stubbies). They are about 5 inches long so I should be able to get in there to take the old valve out. What a dirty job! Also picked up a bolt and am going to just seal it up for good I hope. I just want to thank you for the info and am glad to see that there are more people like yourself on this forum...Thanks again, Bobby

Ah ha, you are in luck because I happened to have one in my toolbox so I just went out to the garage and measured up. You need a 17mm for this valve. By the way, I got this one off a Camry at a junkyard, they are the same. I will go over to Fastenall when I get a chance and pick up a bolt with the same threads, some locktite and close it up.