2002 After Market Dvd

johnnyboychoi

Well these old ears have heard a lot of stereos from the 78 LP's (before the 33 and 45 LP's) and the 8 track tapes. The Levinson stereo is one of the best out there. If you are having problem with the sound, you probably have speaker damage. I recently removed my left door speak and repaired it by simply gluing the cone gasket back together. As for replacing the Navigation screen with a DVD, you would loose your service information and various other intergrated circuits. It is also unlawful to have a DVD player in view of the driver.

• 2 weeks later...

the sound on my 2002 is lousy. looking for suggestions on a DVD display that will go into current navigation screen port. also looking for stereo to replace that mark levinson junk. can believe that such a nice car has such a terrible sound system. Help!

I have a 02 as well and the sound is great. You might have issues with the speakers or the stereo it self.

We've replaced and upgraded many SC430 stereo systems over the years. The best solution on the market currently is the Alpine INA-W900. The headunit is packed with all the features you need to make your SC sound great. Your main decision will be how extensive of an upgrade you are looking for. Some of our clients just opt to replace the blown speakers (if there are any) and just integrate the new DVD headunit into the factory system. Headunit installation should be handled by an experienced audio shop as a decent level of customization will be required. When we perform a headunit installation on the SC430 we make a custom kit/bezel for the new Alpine headunit to fit in the stock location. We maintain full operation of the motorized door during this process. Most importantly though is that the circuit board from the factory headunit is removed and maintained. If not, some vehicles lose total function of the navigation and climate control functions. An experienced shop should be able to install a new headunit for you and maintain operation of all interior electronics including the factory subwoofer. If you are looking for a total system upgrade then I suggest replacing all the speakers and factory amplifier with high quality components. Hope this helps a little.