99 Ls400 Vsc Light On

billydpowell

this has turned out to be a real challenge, this is my 1999 LS400.

I turn the light off, and within 20 miles, it is back on.

I had Auto zone check it and they reported codes, 1345 & 1354 which are:

1345 CS position sensor malfunction,... open, short, or failed

AND

1354 VVT system malfunction... valve timing off, blocked oil passage, failed oil control valve or electrical circuit fault

the car starts,runs and handles perfect, without any noise. ANY IDEAS?? any simular situations??

I have checked gas cap, swapped batterys with my 97 LS, cleaned battery cable ends, plus the double cables on the positive connector.

How "easy" do you want? The procedure in your owners manual takes about 30 seconds. Or just disregard the VSC warning and it may go off on its own after a few hours of driving. The VSC warning has usually gone off before I had time to follow the owners manual procedure.

But if this is from "running off a curb", there is a possibility damage has occured that should be investigated.

How "easy" do you want? The procedure in your owners manual takes about 30 seconds. Or just disregard the VSC warning and it may go off on its own after a few hours of driving. The VSC warning has usually gone off before I had time to follow the owners manual procedure.

But if this is from "running off a curb", there is a possibility damage has occured that should be investigated.

the car looks fine, just didnt want to lose the presets.. I'll run it a few days. thanks.

Sounds like the wheel speed sensor took a hit.

I dont think 99 LS400 has one.

partstrain or autopartswarehouse dont show one for the 99.

any info??

BUT I turned the warning off... but it comes on every few days.

Well I found out the oil control valve was not working, I pulled it out, it was dirty, so I cleaned it out, put it back in and it seems to be working SO FAR.... sure beats the $365 quote.... 160 parts, 200 labor .... it took me 45 minutes to remove, clean and replace.. $200???????

post-5365-12866527425_thumb.jpg

post-5365-128665276353_thumb.jpg