Run Flat Tires

longtimelexus

After three weeks of driving I am very happy with the Bridgestone RE960AS tires I bought to replace the runflats on my 2003 SC. I am driving with no spare, but have joined AAA for "insurance". I was told that I had to buy new wheels as well since the chrome on aluminum rims can pit and lead to air leaks. Total cost for four tires and (aftermarket) MSW wheels was less than four new run flats. And the ride is superb. I should have done this last time I bought tires!

• 2 weeks later...

I replaced my Dunlop RFT with Michelin PS A/S Plus 1 month ago. Great ride now. Purchased a compact Goodyear T145 r70 17 spare tire from Tire rack for $170 and a spare wheel (actually for a 1998 Toyota Supra TT from Toyota Parts Barn $72) for long trips. Fits perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently replaced the original Run Flat tires on my 2002 (they lasted 43K miles and then began falling apart with dry rot!) with Good Years. Anyway, the non run flat Good Years turned my SC430 into an entirely different car!

I have always enjoyed the car since purchasing it in 2006 but have always felt that it rode like a go-cart. With the new tires it is a pleasure to drive and while I can't say it

rides as nice as a bigger car it is MUCH smoother on the road and it feels as if it is gliding down the road.

I am not concerned with flats, I purchased AAA insurance and my daily commute is only 24 miles one way so I should be fine.

Note: Good Years were not my first choice, I tried really hard to get the Continental DWS tires but they seem to be on permanent back order.