Mirror Fitments Between Years

Micah.Berry

I am working on replacing the housing for my passenger mirror in my black 99 LS. Does anyone know if the mirrors are the same between the 95-97 years to the 98-00 years? I pretty sure that the earlier models don't have the auto dimming function, but I'm specifically referring to the housing. My passenger mirror works great, but the housing is cracked and piece missing. I need to know if I purchase a complete 95-97 mirror and swap the plastic housing for my cracked up housing.

Thanks!

Micah

I am working on replacing the housing for my passenger mirror in my black 99 LS. Does anyone know if the mirrors are the same between the 95-97 years to the 98-00 years? I pretty sure that the earlier models don't have the auto dimming function, but I'm specifically referring to the housing. My passenger mirror works great, but the housing is cracked and piece missing. I need to know if I purchase a complete 95-97 mirror and swap the plastic housing for my cracked up housing.

Thanks!

Micah

call a salvage yard, they have interchange books, they can (might not want to) tell you.

Thanks, Bill! The next one that I talk to, I'll ask the question. I did not think to ask them. The salvage yard folks that I have spoken to have wanted $300 to $350 for the whole unit. (ouch!) Thus, I'm shopping eBay for the mirror.

I'll probably have to do the same thing with the stereo too - purchase one off eBay to install.

The search continues...

Micah

Thanks, Bill! The next one that I talk to, I'll ask the question. I did not think to ask them. The salvage yard folks that I have spoken to have wanted $300 to $350 for the whole unit. (ouch!) Thus, I'm shopping eBay for the mirror.

I'll probably have to do the same thing with the stereo too - purchase one off eBay to install.

The search continues...

Micah

Feeling your pain Micah...im needing one also, trash can took mine out.

The search continues...

Micah

I just called a salvage yard and they said 95-97(before 7/97) are all the same, and 97(after 7/97) thru 2000 are the same mirror.

SO: two different mirrors.... (he didnt know about the housings)

hope this helps

The parts interchange shows them to be different, but that may just be due to the plug, options, etc. 95-97 models had the memory setting option that's not listed for 98-00. The actual housing looks the same. I found a few yards with mirrors for as low as $40, a few in the $75 range.

Thanks!

Micah

4. Outside Rear View Mirror NEW for 1998-2000

The design of the outside rearview mirror has been changed to reduce the wind noise which is created

between the vehicle body and the mirror.

A reverse linked function has been adopted. In this function, the passenger side outside rearview mirror

faces downward when the shift lever is engaged in the R range and the selector switch for the outside

rearview mirrors is engaged in the driver side, thus providing a downward view when driving in reverse.

Aahhh.... If the housing has been redesigned to reduce wind noise, then a retrofit from an earlier 95 - 97 car won't do. That's unfortunate as there are many floating around on eBay right now... Thanks for the research!

Micah

The parts interchange shows them to be different, but that may just be due to the plug, options, etc. 95-97 models had the memory setting option that's not listed for 98-00. The actual housing looks the same. I found a few yards with mirrors for as low as $40, a few in the $75 range.

$40 to $74?? can you elaborate some more on the locations of these?? Thanks!

Thanks!

Micah

4. Outside Rear View Mirror NEW for 1998-2000

The design of the outside rearview mirror has been changed to reduce the wind noise which is created

between the vehicle body and the mirror.

A reverse linked function has been adopted. In this function, the passenger side outside rearview mirror

faces downward when the shift lever is engaged in the R range and the selector switch for the outside

rearview mirrors is engaged in the driver side, thus providing a downward view when driving in reverse.

wow i never really noticed wind noise at the mirrors at any speed on my 95 LS, must have gotten use to it!

Mark,

I found one on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-POWER-MIRROR-1995-2000-LEXUS-LS-400-HEATED-MEMORY-R-/110522603270?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19bba91706#ht_500wt_1182

$49.99 current bid. It's taken from a 96 LS, and I THINK it's black. I thought it might help you.

Micah

Mark,

I found one on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-POWER-MIRROR-1995-2000-LEXUS-LS-400-HEATED-MEMORY-R-/110522603270?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19bba91706#ht_500wt_1182

$49.99 current bid. It's taken from a 96 LS, and I THINK it's black. I thought it might help you.

Micah

Awesome Sauce!!! Thanks Micah - im conversing with the seller now...

if anybody finds a white passenger 95-97 please let me know!!

Weaver Automotive in College Park has two of them with memory adjust, M&S Auto Parts has one without. All three white. You do realize you have to do some legwork to find parts, they don't just fall out of the sky.