Boot Torn

PlanGK

The cv joint at each front wheel is encased by these rubber boots. They are filled with greese and lube the bearings within the boot. Torn boots let the grease escape and the dirt and moisture in, causing wear and deterioration of the bearings. This leads to catastrophic loss of steering and wheel function. It is imperative they are repaired ASAP.

Yeah, I know about those boots, I saw both of the outer ones were torn (still in the process of fixing it), but this one is like in the interior side of the spring that goes around the strut i believe. I just found out both of those are in pretty bad condition. Is that in need of urgent repair?

When I replaced my rear struts, both of my acordian-style boots were torn as well. You can get entire replacement kits that come with everything you need to protect the strut (~$55 X 2). Probably best to replace the struts as well, and always do them in pairs.