Help! My Car Got Wet Inside As I Unlocked All The Way Accidentantl

My car was parked at home and yesterday was raining here and you know when you hold unlock button, it will unlock all the windows and moonroof? Well it happened to me and I guess it's because I sit down with my pocket and the key somehow pressed it for a while when I didn't notice at all But anyways, the next day I wake up, I see all the windows and moonroof all opened and I can see things got wet inside including the speakers, the air con vent (at the back, steering wheel etc.

When I tried to unlock it, lock it (using the remote) it had no response at all but you can see the red light on the romote is blinking so I am sure the battery is not flat but it just doesn't respond at all. I used both original and spare remote. I called the mechanic just a while ago to check what was happening and he wasn't really sure about it. He tried to discounnect and reconnected the battery, tried to fiddle with my remote and even ignite the engine (but no response) etc but doesn't work. I think somehow everything got soaked inside and computer shut down, no?

Any guys of you had this experience before? If so, what is the solution? Wait till everything is dry inside and then the remote will work back to normal? Or have to take the whole car to the service to fix it? etc

Your answer will be very much appreciated

Thanks

I did try it but did not work so I am very sure its not the battery problem

Do you think it will work back again when it completely dries out?

Or I have to take it to the dealership to fix it out? Actually, THEY have to come to my place since I am locked here in the middle of no where!

What bothers me is the water that went down the AC vents. It could have gone somewhere in the dash and got to some electronics. There are little computers for just about everything. I'd suggest getting a towing company to put the car on a flatbed and take it to the dealership. It's probably going to need diagnosis, and even if some parts dry out, energizing the system might harm some other parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn that's rough. The worst I've had is I left the two front windows open over night and it started raining in the morning so I had to run out and close them. But I wiped down all the water and never had any issues.