Garage Door Opener

I have successfully programmed my Homelink--NUMEROUS times. I program button number 1 for my "double" garage door, but after several weeks it begins to open & close not only the double door but the single as well. I have to wipe out the code, re-program and I am set for another few weeks.

Anyone else had this problem???

Well I only have a double door myself but what you are saying doesn't make sense. Two doors with different codes and it changes by itself. I wonder if you used the remote they gave you with the garage door if it.would open both. I think I have heard of other peoples doors opening with someone elses remote. That is why they have the rolling codes but I have never heard of the homelink changing the programming on it's own? Man sorry I can't help you out. Maybe someone else can. I guess it's possible that the codes are catching up and it starts opening both but it shouldn't.

Well I only have a double door myself but what you are saying doesn't make sense. Two doors with different codes and it changes by itself. I wonder if you used the remote they gave you with the garage door if it.would open both. I think I have heard of other peoples doors opening with someone elses remote. That is why they have the rolling codes but I have never heard of the homelink changing the programming on it's own? Man sorry I can't help you out. Maybe someone else can. I guess it's possible that the codes are catching up and it starts opening both but it shouldn't.

I wonder if your problem is a "mechanical" issue instead of an "electronic" issue with the Homelink module -- maybe the module is defective (e.g. circuit board has cracked) in a way where pressing one button causes the contact for another button to close.

Are you using two adjacent Homelink buttons for your two garage doors? If you are, you could try using buttons one and three to see if that works better.

Regardless, I'd be more prone to believe that the Homelink module in your Lexus is defective than your garage door opener receivers. If the remote that came with your garage door openers don't open both doors when one button is pressed, it would seem that you have confirmed that the problem is with the Homelink module in your IS.

I'm not familiar with the mirror mounted Homelink in an IS or if the Homelink module can be replaced separately from the mirror. The Homelink module in the overhead light cluster of my LS is easily removed -- had it moved to a new overhead light module last year.

I wonder if your problem is a "mechanical" issue instead of an "electronic" issue with the Homelink module -- maybe the module is defective (e.g. circuit board has cracked) in a way where pressing one button causes the contact for another button to close.

Are you using two adjacent Homelink buttons for your two garage doors? If you are, you could try using buttons one and three to see if that works better.

Regardless, I'd be more prone to believe that the Homelink module in your Lexus is defective than your garage door opener receivers. If the remote that came with your garage door openers don't open both doors when one button is pressed, it would seem that you have confirmed that the problem is with the Homelink module in your IS.

I'm not familiar with the mirror mounted Homelink in an IS or if the Homelink module can be replaced separately from the mirror. The Homelink module in the overhead light cluster of my LS is easily removed -- had it moved to a new overhead light module last year.

That is a good idea or even take the 2nd door code all of the way out of your homelink system and try it for awhile and that would answer the question. And as LS said if you are not using buttons 1 and 3 I would give that a shot. It could be that simple when you hit button 1 it is causing your 2nd one to get pressed too.

That is a good idea or even take the 2nd door code all of the way out of your homelink system and try it for awhile and that would answer the question. And as LS said if you are not using buttons 1 and 3 I would give that a shot. It could be that simple when you hit button 1 it is causing your 2nd one to get pressed too.

That would be like if your remote unlocked your car and the Lexus parked next to you. Definitely very odd. do you have an old garage door system that doesn't have rolling codes?