Starting My Journey

ArmyofOne

Home . Tomorrow they take down the internet reception tower, after a week or so we will be starting our trip home. It is expected to take about 45 days.

As we withdraw out of our Area of Operations, anything that was put there by US Forces that is not a permanent structure affixed to the ground, has to be removed. As such, the phased-withdrawal will take 45-60 days. It will consist of Cleaning/moving things, pulling back...cleaning and moving that place, and pulling back. That cycle will repeat 3-4 times, but when we finally get to Victory Base Complex (Baghdad International Airport, aka BIAP), there will be NO US Forces, or even traces of our presence, left in the 2BCT/10th Mountain Division's Area of Operations.

So...off we go everyone! See y'all stateside. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had to go to Ontario for work a few weeks back, so I flew in to Buffalo. It would have been fun to meet up since it has been a few years! Of course, I would go to NY, and you are not there. I hope you had a good trip.