07Gs350 Rear End One Side Sagged

My 07GS350 AWD has 41K miles. Yesterday I noticed the rear end is not leveled. So I did a measurement.

The driver's side wheelwell is about 1mm lower than the passeneger's side.

The tire pressure is the same on two rear tires. It's too early for a shock absorber to go bad.

The front end is completely leveled.

Any GS350 AWDs owners experience the same?

My 07GS350 AWD has 41K miles. Yesterday I noticed the rear end is not leveled. So I did a measurement.

The tire pressure is the same on two rear tires. It's too early for a shock absorber to go bad.

Could be a leaking shock.

Could be a leaking shock.

I think so. My in-law had the rear shocks replaced twice for her Camry with 56K miles on the odometer.

Today it's almost 1.5 mm lower.

Made appt. for Wed.

Am I reading your measurement correctly?? 1.0 mm??? Did you mean 10.0mm?? 1.0 Inch?

I just came back from Lexus with my 06 GS300 with 1.5 cm difference, which is over 1/2 inch left-sided lean and they said this was neglibible.

Am I missing something?

I stand corrected. You're right. It's 1.5 cm or almost 3/4 inch.

I can stand 10 feet from the rear and see the rear end tilted on one side.

My in-law has an 2002 ES300 and the rear end levels on both side.

If it's 0.5 cm, I can say it's negligible. But it's 1.5 cm, I don't think so.

Well you will need to update this post when you find out. One thing I notice is that the lean changes. I have measured mine in my garage, after driving and over a week or so. The lean varies over 1/2". Either way, the dealership says this is normal.

I bet alot of others probably have the same "issue" but don't notice.

Well you will need to update this post when you find out. One thing I notice is that the lean changes. I have measured mine in my garage, after driving and over a week or so. The lean varies over 1/2". Either way, the dealership says this is normal.

This is a common problem with the Lexus GX470, my old GX used to sag on one side by about 1/2". Some owners complains about 1 side sagging as much 2 inches. The sag does varies from time to time, its almost like it depends on how the suspension settles after you go for a drive. Of course you need to make sure you are on level ground when making the measurement.

Dealership says it's normal. Suspension is tight. No leak.

What a disappointment for a $50K car.

This is a common problem with the Lexus GX470, my old GX used to sag on one side by about 1/2". Some owners complains about 1 side sagging as much 2 inches. The sag does varies from time to time, its almost like it depends on how the suspension settles after you go for a drive. Of course you need to make sure you are on level ground when making the measurement.

I guess after reading this, less than one inch sagging is normal.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/ride2h.htm