New Fuel Filter!

lexfourcam

Been a while since my last post. I changed my fuel filter got the wrong one messed up the threads partially. Took it to my mechanic and he was able to fix the threads and apparently the filter's threads weren't the same as the fuel line. Needless to say the car runs AMAZING!!! no more pinging after 5k rpm. The old fuel filter when i pulled it off poured pure black and brown garbage out of it. cheers!

Been a while since my last post. I changed my fuel filter got the wrong one messed up the threads partially. Took it to my mechanic and he was able to fix the threads and apparently the filter's threads weren't the same as the fuel line. Needless to say the car runs AMAZING!!! no more pinging after 5k rpm. The old fuel filter when i pulled it off poured pure black and brown garbage out of it. cheers!

So this is at least the second filter on your car? Just curious, what kind of mileage and what kind of gas have you been using (indies vs brand name)? I'm still on the original at ~ 300 KM. Thinking whether I should be doing mine soon, although I've got no performance issues as yet.

At 300KM I would think you are due. Consistent filter clogging could be dirty gas but usually points to something rusting/corroding inside the tank itself.

Typical fuel filter replacement interval is 60k miles. I'm surprised people let it go for so much longer. The only thing to note is to do it when the tank is empty since it's lower than the tank and thus dumps a good amount of fuel on the ground while changing it.

my car is right at about 122k miles. My mechanic told me the gas down here is really bad or at least the pumps are. My friend has a jeep with only 70k miles on it and he had to get a new fuel pump b/c some of the newer cars have the fuel filter built in to the pump. It also could be that my gas gauge doesn't work and i rely on my gas light to come on but i usually fill it up after it pops on. I usually go right up the road from my house to the BP, but if my light comes on and i'm out and about i'll use shell or gate. Gas mileage was terrible, my car also ran better without the maf plugged in b/c when it was plugged in it had NO power and i could barely merge onto the expressway. I know my car isn't completely fixed now but it runs alot better with the maf plugged in now and has power again. I'll find out the type of gas mileage i'll get. I haven't reset the codes but when i plugged the maf back in the cel went off and occasionally comes on while i'm driving. I'm probably gonna reset it and drive it for a week then check to see what codes pop up now.