Error 41 Nightmare

williamb82

well, im getting error 41 and bucking if i push the gas too hard in my 93 ls400. i already replaced the tps with a perfect one, had the ecu rebuilt by ati, and checked continuity of the wires from the tps plug to the ecu, they are all perfect. i had been emailing ati for a few days. last thing he asked me to do was check the voltage at the idl pin of the tps connector with it unplugged.

pin1 vc is 5v

pin2 vta is 1.7v

pin3 idl is 10v

pin 4 gnd is gnd

shouldnt the vta pin be reading 0v when unplugged from the tps since it is the signal from the tps when connected? does anyone know if 1.7v on that pin is normal? i emailed this info to ati and havent heard back from them in 2 days now. any help would be appreciated as this is the only error im getting now and i have tested the tps multiple times and even bought a brand new meter thinking maybe mine was reading wrong as its 10 years old. still checks out perfect according to the repair manual.

• 1 month later...

well, im getting error 41 and bucking if i push the gas too hard in my 93 ls400. i already replaced the tps with a perfect one, had the ecu rebuilt by ati, and checked continuity of the wires from the tps plug to the ecu, they are all perfect. i had been emailing ati for a few days. last thing he asked me to do was check the voltage at the idl pin of the tps connector with it unplugged.

pin1 vc is 5v

pin2 vta is 1.7v

pin3 idl is 10v

pin 4 gnd is gnd

shouldnt the vta pin be reading 0v when unplugged from the tps since it is the signal from the tps when connected? does anyone know if 1.7v on that pin is normal? i emailed this info to ati and havent heard back from them in 2 days now. any help would be appreciated as this is the only error im getting now and i have tested the tps multiple times and even bought a brand new meter thinking maybe mine was reading wrong as its 10 years old. still checks out perfect according to the repair manual.

Don't know about the voltage readings. But My 93ls had the same problem. Sent my ecm for repair. they sent it back saying it was to far gone to repair. Bought one on e-bay now my ls runs fine.

pin1 vc is 5v

pin2 vta is 1.7v

pin3 idl is 10v

pin 4 gnd is gnd

Don't know about the voltage readings. But My 93ls had the same problem. Sent my ecm for repair. they sent it back saying it was to far gone to repair. Bought one on e-bay now my ls runs fine.