Alarm Goes Off Whenever It Wants

yank30265

I would have to guess that one of the switches that controls the inside lights when you open and close the doors is sticking. I know on my 90 LS, sometimes when you open the door, the lights don't not come on and I have to flick the switch. I never had it cause the alarm to go off but it must also have something to do with the alarm.

There is no valet/override button on the OE alarm. It is triggered by opening the doors, trunk, or hood, so first narrow it down as to which one is triggering it. The door switches do stick but they wouldn't stick open if the door was closed, unless one is broken, so go around and try each one manually to see if they work correctly. That's pretty simple to do and will eliminate those as the culprit. Next try the trunk, arm the alarm and then press down on the lid, maybe even lean on it, until the 30 seconds passes. The switch is located in the latch and may be worn enough that it doesn't trip unless there's a load on it, like the trunk fitting tighter. If that's not it it's the hood switch, which I believe is located behind the latch itself. The hood latch is not adjustable on these cars so you may just need to order a new switch since you can't tighten the tension on it at all.

There is no valet/override button on the OE alarm. It is triggered by opening the doors, trunk, or hood, so first narrow it down as to which one is triggering it. The door switches do stick but they wouldn't stick open if the door was closed, unless one is broken, so go around and try each one manually to see if they work correctly. That's pretty simple to do and will eliminate those as the culprit. Next try the trunk, arm the alarm and then press down on the lid, maybe even lean on it, until the 30 seconds passes. The switch is located in the latch and may be worn enough that it doesn't trip unless there's a load on it, like the trunk fitting tighter. If that's not it it's the hood switch, which I believe is located behind the latch itself. The hood latch is not adjustable on these cars so you may just need to order a new switch since you can't tighten the tension on it at all.

my lights dim when i hit the brakes or turn on the fan etc.. then they go bright agian in the blink of an eye ; people have told me this is the wire on the left side of trunk; unwrap and ill find the white wire is broken; could this b the culprit? i checked those wires and didnt find a boken wire as far as I could see; but do u think these r connescted?