1993 Sc400 Will Not Start

Just bought a 93 sc400 and cannot get the thing started. Cranks but will not fire up. Replaced ECU, caps, rotors, and plugs. Basically the end result is the LH cap is not producing any spark. I have spark out of the coil wire into the cap but nothing coming out of the cap itself. I am a mechanic but new to the Lexus/Toyota V8. I'd like to see if I could nail this down before I throw any more parts at it. My guess is a cam or crank sensor, but any feedback I could get would be greatly appreciated.

Ok so I went through and cleaned the cam sensors and now I'm getting spark on all cylinders. This brings me to my next problem. The fuel pump does not come on when I turn the key. It works when I jump it through the diagnostic connector but does not work otherwise. And the car still will not start even with the jumper wire in place. I opened the line and there is plenty of pressure. Has anyone dealt with this before?

Ok so I went through and cleaned the cam sensors and now I'm getting spark on all cylinders. This brings me to my next problem. The fuel pump does not come on when I turn the key. It works when I jump it through the diagnostic connector but does not work otherwise. And the car still will not start even with the jumper wire in place. I opened the line and there is plenty of pressure. Has anyone dealt with this before?

I have just look up my name and look through my posts for the solution it should be my most recent topic that your looking for. It gives details on how to fix the problem your having

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...