Passenger Airbag Light Blinking Erratically

My 06 400h had the ac "white dust" fix about four weeks ago and ever since then without any passenger the passenger airbag off light comes on at various times for random intervals. The local Lexus dealership calibrated the seat last week and blamed it on a rear facing scuff guard with a 1/4" piece of elastic that wrapped around the front of the seat, tucked into the front crack (children had shoe marks all over the seat back). I installed the guard the morning I took the vehicle in so I know this was not the fix and think Toyota/Lexus should be in more hot water with the US if a dealership claims a weak elastic band can disrupt the passenger safety system. The light seems to function as usual with passengers: stays lit Airbag On with heavier passenger and Airbag Off with lighter passengers. Twice the buzzer sounded out while driving as if I had a passenger without a seat belt on but I had an empty seat. Any ideas? Is the erratic behavior of the light normally function? Thanks

Sounds like your RX is haunted ;) Ghost Rider :whistles:

Seriously, you need to insist the the dealer track down this obvious intermittent short/open and fix the safety issue. If they can't find it, take it to someone who can and let them know how disappointed you are in their skill set when you send them the bill.

This in not rocket science.

Sounds like your RX is haunted ;) Ghost Rider :whistles:

Seriously, you need to insist the the dealer track down this obvious intermittent short/open and fix the safety issue. If they can't find it, take it to someone who can and let them know how disappointed you are in their skill set when you send them the bill.

This in not rocket science.

Thanks, ghosts were my first guess too. My adviser emailed today and stated the service manager assured her the system is working properly but refused to answer the direct question as to what the Airbag Off light is suppose to do; stay lit, off, or blink sporadically . So I called the customer service number listed in the owners manual. The rep documented the issue and will have the dealer service manager give me a call->WFD.