How Hard Is It Change The Sparkplugs On A 92?

I've been told that to change the plugs on the 2jzge you have to remove the intake manifold? Anyone know any good shortcuts or tips about this?

O.K. im gonna help you out since most of the more senior members are sick of these kinds of questions.

Back when I had to change my spark plugs for the 92 sc400 I ran into a jam or two (just because of mechanics trying to rip you one when they would work on it) First off there are no shortcuts to getting around that air manifold connecting to the intake it MUST come off I had to use a crow bar to get mine off but from other people that I talked to they usually just did it by hand and it slipped off. But for some odd reason mine wouldnt so easily. However be careful if you do have to use a "non-official" tool like a crowbar and also the last spark plugs toward the windshield of the car are a !Removed! to get a socket too so make sure you have an extending piece.The plugs on the other side are a breeze to get too. Also remember to use sockets that are for changing plugs a.k.a they must have those rubber boots in them and remember to check that they are still there after installing each plug in, when I was changing mine the boot kept getting stuck to the back of the plug so there was a lot of tighten-untighten-tighten-untighten-tighten going on. Also try not to do it on a windy day where debris can get blown into the holes where the spark plug goes those tiny leaves can quickly *BLEEP* you off to the max if they get caught in there, believe me I know all these little hazards and tricks from what was suppose to be a 1-hour job that took nearly 36 hours(beer and bong breaks included), all because I didnt have this information (and because first time I ever changed my own plugs) Hope this helps

• 1 month later...