02 Factory Navi Display Quest

Hello ohhh la la new site look!! lol

When i disconnected my battery the navi setting returnd to factory. i have found all settings but one.. the setting i am looking for is the music information banner when you hit the info button when the display is turned off. the music banner used to pop up the first time you pressed it and then the second time the info maintenance etc screen. now i only get the maint screen when i hit info... i cant find it!!! its not the screen transition menu or in the setup menus.

also looking to up grade the dvd any cheap sites? or any one know how i can get a burnt copy... i hear ebay occasionally. i can get the dvd version from the navi menu. is that the info i need to use to know which version generation i have? 02 es300

does anyone know where to get a fitted touch screen cover... not sure what they are called. but so you dont scratch the screen. i found some but they are for diff versions. not so keen on having to cut one

Hello ohhh la la new site look!! lol

When i disconnected my battery the navi setting returnd to factory. i have found all settings but one.. the setting i am looking for is the music information banner when you hit the info button when the display is turned off. the music banner used to pop up the first time you pressed it and then the second time the info maintenance etc screen. now i only get the maint screen when i hit info... i cant find it!!! its not the screen transition menu or in the setup menus.

also looking to up grade the dvd any cheap sites? or any one know how i can get a burnt copy... i hear ebay occasionally. i can get the dvd version from the navi menu. is that the info i need to use to know which version generation i have? 02 es300

does anyone know where to get a fitted touch screen cover... not sure what they are called. but so you dont scratch the screen. i found some but they are for diff versions. not so keen on having to cut one

For a new, genuine navigation DVD ($200): http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/parts_detail.asp?id=203904&all=Y

New navigation DVDs are released near the end of every year. The 2002 ES 300 uses a Generation 2/3 DVD (be sure to specify that when you're ordering/searching for one). The most recent version as of April 2010 is version 9.1. You can try your luck with eBay, but no guarantees on the longevity of home-burnt DVDs, especially if you're parking your car under the sun.

As far as the music information banner - that only pops up when you change the radio function (ie using TUNE to change stations or changing from FM to DISC) or when you change tracks on a CD. This is how it has always worked on my 2002. Pressing INFO always brings up the selection screen (calendar, maintenance, screen transition, etc). If you want music information to be displayed, press AUDIO (remember to turn off the screen transition).

i swear the info worked different. now i think im crazy. ive been doing my home work...

fyi you can access ISO copies of v9.1 online :) and i found a link that explains how to copy the override file from v6.1 or earlier so you do not loose the option. I have a friend working on it as im not familiar with ISO or have a dvd burner. I also says to use verbatium dvds not memorex. I have the link to the site i found the info on at work if anyone wants it. once i have the burnt dvd i will copy it to my computer so i can always make another if it goes bad... the speaker isnt the only thing the sun shade works for :) good stinkin