Aftermarket Wheels

gx00850

I have a 1998 LS400. It is completely stock. My wheels have some pretty bad corrision and I would like to replace them with somthing a bit more sporty. Unfortunately I cannot find any reasonable aftermarket wheel that seems to fit. I do not want to go any larger than 17". I like the look of the Ruff R350 and the Drag R19 but neither fit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Why do you think they won't fit? The LS400 is a very common car for wheel fitments. Nearly anything with a 5x114.3 PCD and below a -50mm offset will bolt up fine. Both of those wheels show to come in correct sizes. For a 17" wheel you can go up to 9" wide if the offset is less than -20mm or so, less if you go with a narrower wheel. I don't think you're looking very hard if you can't find anything.

I know your frustration, gx. I put 17" wheels on my 98 LS400 last spring. The make is "Sport Tuning". They look fine, not pimp'in but fine with me.

Heres a thread -> http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57037&st=0&p=370333&hl="sport%20tuning"&fromsearch=1entry370333

Yes, I have done tons of searches from every online dealer imagineable. The big problem is I want to limit the wheel size to 17". They all come up with tons that "show" a match but when I call to inquire I am told the wheel really does not fit. The exception is tirerack and BigWheels.net. The best results I saw was with BigWheels.net. They had 36 matches that actually fit. But none that were very desirable except maybe the TSW Snetterton. I just am not sure how these might look.

So right now I am trying to decide betweent the TSW Snetterton (silver) or the Enkei EKM3 (silver). I really wish the Drag DR19 would fit, but alas it was not meant to be.

My car is also silver - anyone have any input or pics of these on a LS400.

post-10539-127197639888_thumb.jpg

post-10539-127197641783_thumb.jpg