Satelite Radio Subscription Renewal

Dial down to channel 0 and the ESN will be displayed. That is the number you need to provide to continue or sign up for new subscriptions. Very simple takes only a couple of minutes. If you had satellite radio in previous vehicle be sure to delete that one so you will not be paying for an extra vehicle and someone else will be enjoying the music.

• 2 months later...

First time Lexus owner , First time poster....

Has anyone had trouble getting the XM radio to activate after the free trial is over? I purchased this 2010 used and the trial had expired. After 3 weeks and umpteen number of refreshes it just wont activate properly. I have listened to so many hours of the preview channel while waiting I can almost repeat it from memory.

XM has given up and told me to take it back to the dealer. I can't see it being a hardware issue when the preview and weather channels work perfectly.

5k on it in 3 weeks and it is a dream to drive.

Thx in advance

AK

• 2 weeks later...

First time Lexus owner , First time poster....

Has anyone had trouble getting the XM radio to activate after the free trial is over? I purchased this 2010 used and the trial had expired. After 3 weeks and umpteen number of refreshes it just wont activate properly. I have listened to so many hours of the preview channel while waiting I can almost repeat it from memory.

XM has given up and told me to take it back to the dealer. I can't see it being a hardware issue when the preview and weather channels work perfectly.

5k on it in 3 weeks and it is a dream to drive.

Thx in advance

AK

I see you're in Canada, I am as well. Unfortunately for us, XM in Canada is a HUGE PAIN to deal with.

Did you only get a 3 week trial? You're supposed to get 6 months....... Hence why my issues with XM started - They deactivated my radio after 3 months - when the Lexus information AND the XM Canada website clearly state that Lexus vehicles have a 6 month free trial in Canada. I think the people in the call centre don't know what to do, they just follow a script - every time they get to a "dead end" trying to help you, the default answer is "contact your dealer"

After multiple calls with my salesperson and his XM rep, we finally got the radio hooked back up, but then the sound quality was crap.

The 6 month trial has finally expired for me and I haven't called XM to activate the full subscription.

They did the multiple refresh on my radio as well, when the sound quality was bad - it never worked, never activated - the dealer had to get his XM rep to activate it (although the sound issue was never rectified.

My advice - save yourself the aggravation and call your dealer - or just forget about XM altogether and just hook up your ipod.

• 1 year later...

Here's a curious fact about XM: If you refuse to extend your subscription, eventually (a month or 2) they will offer you a full year for less than $90 (including all extra fees) - but only if you agree to put it on "automatic renewal" for the next time it is due (you give them a credit card number). However, if you THEN call them before the annual renewal date (they won't contact you) and say its too enpensive, they will will renew it at the same price!

• 4 years later...

On a 2015RX and later, why bother? Get an iPod player or MP3 player and load it up with what you want and play it when you want it and save some money. I don't recommend mobile phones for this due to limited memory. My iPod can hold 80GB of music, and podcasts. This feature may be available on earlier models but I do not know.