Any Tricks To Getting Better Accuracy From The Voice Commands?

I purchased a 2006 rx400h and have had lots of problems getting good results out of the voice commands. I rarely get consistent results - sometimes the A/C works and sometimes it doesn't understand at all no matter how loud and clear I speak. I use the help screen to verify I am giving the right command and it still doesn't get it right more that 30-40% of the time. For example - saying "Automatic air conditioner on" might return FM 1. How can I get better results out of it? Are there some commands it isn't very good at detecting? How to get better results?

I am curious to see others replies on this. I have a 2008 RX400h. The voice recognition is so troublesome that I don't use it. I would bet that is the case with most owners. I have used several other voice activated systems without problems. Combine this aggravation with the deactivation of systems like NAV when your driving and I feel like I have IDIOT burned in my forehead for buying this car. Thank heaven for third party override systems.

As far as I understand, each Rx400h out there (dependant on where it was made) has a different list of understood commands by design. For instance my 400h doesn't understand any AC commands. The Rx400h's in Canada seem to have a different system than those in the US.

All my 400h voice activation system can understand is radio and nav commands... pretty pathetic.

Thank heaven for third party override systems.

I am new to this car so I don't understand what you mean by "third party override systems"? What is that and is it an alternative?

The ability to plug in a module that disables the disabling of functions like NAV settings while the vehicle is moving.

btw... my system does not understand any normal sequence of commands with normal highway background noise. It is good for a laugh to those who have voice recognition systems in say a ford, and laugh at our lexus wannabe attempts.

Just Noticed that the tsbs pinned to this forum has the voice commands (and note the aside)

I've found that accenting the last consonant helps with certain commands like "Suspend". If I accent the "d", it works every time.

Dave