Door Locks

toomuch

1998 Lexus LS 400

About six months ago I had the back driver's side door electric locking ability fail. I could still manually unlock it but not with inserting the key or using buttons. Now both the driver's side front and back will not unlock period. Not electrically or manually. I will say that I had an oil change just a couple hours before. I don’t know if they bumped something while checking other levels or fuses or something. But now I can’t even get in or out of the car on the drivers side.

Any thoughts or experience with this?

The second generation door lock actuators seem to be a common problem, several people here have noted they die prematurely. Why would you think an oil change would cause an issue? The circuit for the locks is a shared one by all four actuators, plus the control unit. A 'fuse' would eliminate them all if it was blown or messed with.

The second generation door lock actuators seem to be a common problem, several people here have noted they die prematurely. Why would you think an oil change would cause an issue? The circuit for the locks is a shared one by all four actuators, plus the control unit. A 'fuse' would eliminate them all if it was blown or messed with.