Vsc And Check Engine Interlinked?

Vinodh

Hi Guys,

I have a 99 ES300. Today while driving I got this VSC OFF indication, VSC indication(on the left of the panel) and the Check engine indication all at a time. Are they all interlinked?

Engine did not overheat and the heat indicator needle stayed little less than halfway in it's scale, as usual. I did an oil change on February. What do you do when you were in such position, like a self check for problems? I looked into the user manual and could not find any link between VSC and check engine.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, the two warnings are often/usually linked. Think of it as like your PC is going into "safe mode."

Have the codes read to find out the real problem -- which usually has nothing to do with VSC.

Yes, the two warnings are often/usually linked. Think of it as like your PC is going into "safe mode."

Have the codes read to find out the real problem -- which usually has nothing to do with VSC.

I did a code check in Advanced Auto Parts. It read out P0171 (for oxygen sensor/air filter??). The guy asked me if there is anything different in drving or if it drives the same. I didnot feel any difference, so he did reset the code for me. All the three indications went off. 2 days passed and nothing happened and still drives smooth.

Thanks for your advice.