Windshiled Replacement

Hi everyone. I have a nick in my windshield (lower drivers side) under the size of a dime. I have had it repaired by Safelite once, tomorrow will be #2 for the same nick. My additional claims coverage (windshield repair) states they will keep repairing it as long as they can but when it comes time to replace it, that one's on me. I will keep having it repaired if possible since it's money I have already paid.

Has anyone replaced their windshield on an 07-09 vehicle? How much did it cost you? If so, who did yours? I'm not suggesting replacing the whole thing right away, rather I just want to mentally prepare myself when the time comes. Thanks in advance.

I had the windshield replaced on my Rx400h last summmer. It was damaged, so I just filed a claim with insurance. Rates did not go up...

The car was having paint work at a local body shop at the time, so I had them take care of everything. They bring in a windshield replacement company to do the glass work. I made them install an OEM windshield, price was about $1500.

I've had aftermarket windshields installed before (on my previous rx300) and they quality is terrible, you can see waviness and it doesn't repel water like the OEM one does. Aftermarket windshield for the Rx300 was $150 installed, very cheap.... literally

I've had aftermarket windshields installed before (on my previous rx300) and they quality is terrible, you can see waviness and it doesn't repel water like the OEM one does. Aftermarket windshield for the Rx300 was $150 installed, very cheap.... literally

It depends on which brand of after market glass you bought, some aftermarket brands are actually better than OEM and cheaper too. By the way, the windshield of your RX is not water repellent, only the front side windows.

The new aftermarket windshield that was installed on my Rx300 handled poor weather a LOT differently than the previous 5 year old OEM one...

It was a Pilkington replacement.

The new aftermarket windshield that was installed on my Rx300 handled poor weather a LOT differently than the previous 5 year old OEM one...

It was a Pilkington replacement.

I am not sure why that is, but here is a description from a dealer about the Water-repellent front door glass:

Seller's Comments

Pwr rear liftgate,Intermittent rear wiper,Variable intermittent windshield wipers,Privacy glass,Water-repellent front door glass,UV ray-reducing window glass.

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/detail.jsp?ct=u&address=02460&result_car_id=275770070&dealership_view_name=lexusofmanhattan&car_id=274745433&dealer_id=79228